There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That’s where we come in! We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of “Nintendo Week,” a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans.
Join Alex, Ben, and Colin as they discuss Kimishima’s recent interview with Asahi Shimbun, where he discussed tons of information on Nintendo’s plans for filmmaking, mobile games, and the NX, as well as news on
Yooka-Laylee, Hyrule Warriors, and more. After the break, we have a long Game Corner segment where we not only touch upon tons of games, including Captain Toad, Minecraft, and more, but we discuss the lessons Zelda U can learn from The Wind Waker, as well as other games like Dark Souls, The Witcher, and more.
You can check out the episode below—or if you’d like to save it to listen later, you can
check the latest episode out on iTunes, available now.
Nintendo Week is currently available in full on
iTunes, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia—and tons of videos from the show are available on YouTube where it’s easy to find them based on your favorite subjects… So between it all, you have plenty of ways to access one of the best places for information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you’d rather not subscribe, you can still find all of our Nintendo Week content right here at Gamnesia.
Note: We’ve reached file capacity for SoundCloud uploads, so for the time being we’re exploring other options. In the meantime, we’re still available on tons of great platforms!
If you’d like to give us feedback, please email me at
[email protected], and we’ll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don’t be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you’d like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we’ll be answering them in one big block, so we’d love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Podbean
- Follow Colin and Alex on Twitter
- Give us your feedback!
More Information on This Week’s Stories:
- Nintendo is looking into making more video content than just movies
- Mobile games interacting with console games could happen before NX
- Nintendo wants a “safer middle ground” regarding mobile monetization
- Kimishima briefly discussed NX
- Nintendo changed its Articles of Incorporation
- Nintendo has abandoned its trademark for Hyrule Warriors
- Playtonic Games revealed a ton of new info about Yooka-Laylee
- Poképark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure is now on the eShop
- Contra III: The Alien Wars is now on the Virtual Console
- You can now preorder both versions of Yo-Kai Watch 2
- And you can now preorder the Kirby series and Isabelle Amiibo
- More news on Pokémon Sun and Moon is coming June 2nd
- Pokkén‘s developers say fans want them to “raise the franchise”
- Amazon’s Sun and Moon listing says there will be multiple islands
- Its listing for Color Splash suggests a possible special edition
- A data miner discovered Squid Sisters costumes in Mario Maker
- Mario Maker‘s new update changes how things work in the Course World
- Star Fox Zero‘s devs said they wouldn’t revisit its camera system
- Bayonetta was the only character changed in Smash‘s latest patch
- Videos of Minecraft‘s Super Mario DLC are getting copyright strikes
- Nintendo won’t have a booth at GDC 2017
- Psyonix would consider porting Rocket League to NX
- My Nintendo will offer extra rewards via email in Europe
- Sonic Advance 3 is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan
- Sega teased that it’s working on a new Sonic game
- One the shoeboxes for Nintendo’s VANS will look like an NES
- Monopoly is getting a collector’s edition Super Mario Bros. version
- Japan is getting a Mario-themed Uno deck
- Phoenix Wright is getting his own Figma figure
- Cordelia from Fire Emblem Awakening is getting a statuette
- There are a ton of new Pokémon plushes on the way
- A fan-made Mario Maker level has a boss called “Mecha Bowzilla”
- Some Guy beat New Super Mario Bros. 2 without collecting any coins
- A police officer replaced a boy’s stolen Pokémon cards with his own
- Japanese gamers voted Chikorita the “most seriously useless starter Pokémon”
This week’s break music is
Bulby’s Banjo-Kazooie style rendition of the Jungle World theme from Yooka-Laylee. Our outro is “Hoy, Small Fry!” a remix of various themes from The Wind Waker, by HyperDuck SoundWorks.