There are tons of gaming enthusiast podcasts out in the wild, but almost none of the top-tier podcasts are made specifically for Nintendo fans. That’s where we come in! We here at Gamnesia are bringing you a new episode of “Nintendo Week,” a podcast made for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans.
Join the Nintendo Week crew once again as Alex, Ben, and Colin navigate the waters of being a Nintendo fan in these bizarre times. News includes
Street Fighter‘s producer wishing for a Nintendo crossover game, Nintendo’s whole new online infrastructure, and the recent controversies around Alison Rapp and her termination from Nintendo. After the break we check in on our recent gaming progress and then take some listener questions for the Mystery House, including subjects like a modern EarthBound game, Pokémon following the Fire Emblem Fates model, and how Nintendo can win back the youngest generation of gamers. You can check out the episode below—or if you’d like to save it to listen later, you can check the latest episode out on iTunes, available now.
Nintendo Week is currently available in full on
iTunes, Podbean, and right here at Gamnesia—and tons of videos from the show are available on YouTubewhere it’s easy to find them based on your favorite subjects… So between it all, you have plenty of ways to access one of the best places for information on all things Nintendo. You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes for the earliest possible access to new episodes, or subscribe to our channel on YouTube for totally neato visuals. But if you’d rather not subscribe, you can still find all of our Nintendo Week content right here at Gamnesia.
Note: We’ve reached file capacity for SoundCloud uploads, so for the time being we’re exploring other options. In the meantime, we’re still available on tons of great platforms!
If you’d like to give us feedback, please email me at
[email protected], and we’ll do our best to improve our show! We want to give you guys the best podcast we can, so please don’t be afraid to leave suggestions. And if you have questions about Nintendo that you’d like some insight on, please send those in as well! When we have a good number of fan questions, we’ll be answering them in one big block, so we’d love to hear some of your thoughts.
Get More from Nintendo Week:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Podbean
- Follow Colin and Alex on Twitter
- Give us your feedback!
More Information on This Week’s Stories:
- Street Fighter producer wants to see a Nintendo vs. Capcom
- SEGA’s lead branding officer is now head of the Sonic brand
- Here’s 20 minutes of Star Fox Zero gameplay
- Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard have a new trailer
- Miitomo launched in Europe and North America
- Miitomo became the most-downloaded app on the App Store
- My Nintendo is now live in Europe and North America
- Nintendo launched a new eShop for web browsers
This Week’s Lightning Round:
- Mario Super Sluggers is now on the Wii U eShop
- Super Mario Maker got a Starfy costume in Japan
- Jirachi is now available over Wi-Fi for Pokémon Players
- You can now watch the Yo-Kai Watch anime on Netflix
- Video Game Orchestra is performing a Capcom concert April 9th
- CoroCoro will have new Pokémon Sun and Moon info April 15th
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice launches in Europe September 30th
- Nintendo will shut down the DSi Shop next year
- A Canadian retailer claims Nintendo stopped making DS game carts
- Here’s footage of Medli from Hyrule Warriors Legends’ Wondercon panel
- Animal Crossing: HHD was 2015’s highest-grossing handheld game
- New 3DS covers show more copy abilities from Kirby: Planet Robobot
- Trucy Wright, Ema Skye, and more return in Ace Attorney 6
- The Ace Attorney anime will explore Phoenix Wright’s past
- Ubisoft filed a new trademark for Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Falco Amiibo unlocks a Black Arwing in Star Fox Zero
- Nintendo is hosting a Star Fox fanart contest on Miiverse
- Get a Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo card if you buy Pokkén digitally
- There are big discounts on Fire Emblem games in the UK eShop
- Huge Chibi-Robo! and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. discounts
- The Pokémon Company is releasing huge Pikachu pillows
- Ace Attorney 6 is getting a limited edition bundle
- See the opening cutscene from Majora’s Mask in Unreal Engine
- The original Legend of Zelda was remade in 3D as a browser game
- Smashified gives Crash Bandicoot the Smash treatment
- Another research firm claims NX will launch in 2016
- Nintendo downsized their Korea branch to just 10 staff
- Nintendo’s first Miitomo commercial is full of zany costumes
- The original Paper Mario has a glitch that takes 416 years to execute
- Danny Devito’s Detective Pikachu response
This week’s break music is
an 8-bit rendition of the famous “Guile’s Theme,” from the Street Fighter series, by the one and only Bulby. Our outro music is “Twoson Hits the Road,” an incredible remix of EarthBound‘s Twoson Theme, by OC Remix’s djpretzel.