We Nintendo fans always have a blast talking about what kinds of things we’d like to see in future installments of Mario Kart, and now that Mario Kart 8 brings DLC expansions and even other Nintendo crossovers into the mix, our imaginations are blown wide open. On this week’s episode of Nintendo Week, our Nintendo-themed podcast here at Gamnesia, we took it upon ourselves to talk about everything we’d love to see if Nintendo makes a third DLC pack for Mario Kart 8, and if I do say so myself, we came up with some amazing ideas.
The discussion was a whopping forty minutes long, so we’ve broken it down into two twenty-minute chunks for YouTube—available now is the first half of the discussion, where we talk about what new characters and crossover content we’d like to see. Check out the video above for the full discussion, or skim the list down below to get a brief overview of everything we discussed. And if you want to check out Part 2,
you can find it right here.
The following is a list of everything that came up in our discussion—approximately in the order they came up—whether we formally pitched it or not. If you don’t have time to watch the full video, you can glimpse over this list to see what kinds of content you might fancy, and come back later to watch the video and get our fully-fleshed ideas.
- Character skins for everyone
- Bowser Jr.
- Diddy Kong
- King Boo
- Petey Piranha
- Professor E. Gadd
- Captain Toad
- Tingle (character)
- Ganon’s Castle (course)
- Goron’s Racetrack (course)
- Lost Woods / Hyrule Tour (course)
- Samus (character)
- Norfair (course) with branching pathways
- Captain Falcon (character)
- Kirby (character)
- A course lifted from Kirby Air Ride
- A course based on Kirby’s Epic Yarn
- A course based on Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
- A course based on Diddy Kong Racing
- Captain Olimar (character)
- A Pikmin course, with a day/night progression for the three laps
- Ness (character)
- Eagleland Circuit (course) where you tour various EarthBound locales
- New Pork City
In addition to these ideas, a few more came up during the second half of the discussion, where we were discussing new course and new bonus feature ideas. You can check that out when it comes out tomorrow, but for completion’s sake, here’s a quick rundown of the ideas that came to us afterwards:
- Monita (character)
- Nintendo Land content—either a one-course tour of Nintendo Land attractions or a Nintendo Land cup
- A Wave Race course
- A Stunt Race FX course
- Little Mac (character)
- A Punch-Out!! course based on the infamous training scene
What characters and crossover content would you like to see?