Last year, a band known as Mariachi Entertainment System broke onto the YouTube scene with a series of gorgeous mariachi covers of memorable video game music. This beautiful blend of gaming and Mexican culture has led to mariachi arrangements of “Gerudo Valley” from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and “Dr. Wily Stage 1” from Mega Man 2, among many others featured on their channel.
Now those looking for something unique in their playlist will be pleased to know that the group has released their first album online yesterday, aptly self-titled
Mariachi Entertainment System. The album is a remastered compilation of select tracks from their channel, including “The Moon” from DuckTales and a polka medley featuring Kirby, Tetris, and Mario music.
Mariachi Entertainment System is comprised of 11 tracks, listed as follows:
- Sewer Surfin’ (from “TMNT IV: Turtles In Time”)
- Guardia Millenial Fair (from “Chrono Trigger”)
- Dark World (from “The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past”)
- Polka Medley: Gourmet Race (from “Kirby Super Star”) / Music A [from “Tetris”] / Ending [from “Super Mario World”]
- Gerudo Valley (from “The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time”)
- Frog’s Theme (from “Chrono Trigger”)
- The Moon (from “Duck Tales”)
- Dragon Roost Island (from “The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker”)
- Metroid: Brinstar / Kraid’s Lair (from “Metroid”)
- Dr. Wily – Stage 1 (from “Mega Man 2”)
- Bloody Tears (from “Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest”)